*disclaimer* I'm not a doctor, I'm just sharing my experiences. Please consult a medical or herbal doctor to verify usage and if any of the ingredients may affect drugs you are already taking.
Fortifying against cold and flu season
Helps during a cold or flu
This recipe makes a very strong herbal tea. The longer you cook it, the stronger it gets. I usually make about 6 cups and put it in the refrigerator. Then I reheat half a cup in the microwave and dilute it with boiling water for daily consumption. I drink 2 to 3 cups a day during cold and flu season. I get cold easily and constantly have running rose. This concoction helped me feel warmer and much more comfortable during flu and cold season. I think it's even helping with my allergies, but will test that more in March/April when my allergies are the worst.
Fresh ginger - 8 to 10 thin slices of a large piece of ginger root
Licorice root - 4 to 5 slices
Cinnamon sticks - 3 -4 sticks
Apple slices - 4-5 slices
Goji berries - 20 or so
Lemon - 2 slices
Jujube - 3 large ones
Artichoke tea - 1 tea bag
Dried Cloves - 1 tbsp
Raw Honey - 1 tbsp (depends on how sweet yo want it)
Water - 8 cups (more or less depending on how diluted you want the tea)
- Fill a pot with 8 cups of water.
- Put in all ingredients except honey
- Bring to boil
- Let simmer on medium low for about 30 minutes. Leave longer if you want it stronger. If you leave it for too long, the tea will be very strong, but will taste bitter. Taste every 10 minutes to determine if you tea is strong enough for your liking.
- Add honey when done to the desire sweetness
- Take 1/2 cup and mix it with hot water to dilute for your first cup!
- Let the rest cool. Keep refrigerated.